Thursday, March 20, 2008

In which Tim signs off (temporarily)...

The first stage of our training is complete. On Monday we leave the capital city, and move to the countryside for five weeks of community based technical training. The family I am living with does not have a telephone, and I doubt there will be readily available internet access. If possible, I will try to get to a city every few weeks to read email and possibly post on the blog.

I assure you that I will continue to collect stories, and probably have a deluge of posts as soon as I get regular internet back.

Please feel free to continue sending emails, or even snail mail (there's a possibility that will get to me faster than email). My address is:

Tim Brown, PCT
Cuerpo de Paz
APDO 1412
Santo Domingo,
Republica Dominicana

Send that mail, and cheer for Sparty in the tourny!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim! I just spent the last 30min or so reading your blogs at work. Man it all sounds so incredible! I won't lie, as it snowed on easter i was really wishing i could be in the Caribean. Hope all is going well, and God Bless,
-Nelso

rach said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH oh my tim thankkkk youu for the laugh, really thanks. i needed that. for these next two years i am going to use your stories as my fun get away from the stress of my books ;) ahahahahahaha....old man staring at you naked...ahahahaha...oh good lord, keep the stories comin'!

Jason said...

Tim,

I have been remiss in not sending you snail mail. Letters to/from Sally usually took about 2.5 weeks, but the Republica Dominicana is not so far away (and is not so large a country). I can hope for 10 days or so.

Blessings,
~Jason

Locations of visitors to this page