Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In which the library moves forward...

I know that many of my readers were generous enough to make donations to my community library fund, so I thought I would give a brief update to let you know how it's progressing.

The room in my house that we are converting into the library space is almost prepared. We've plastered the walls, carved out a door, and will probably paint it this week. I am going to try my hand at painting a world map mural, so that should be interesting.

We already have hundreds of books, thanks both to the financial donations and to the many people who have contributed books directly. In about a week we are taking a pickup truck to a book fair in the capital that we will fill up with books using all the extra money that we have.

My service ends in about a month, so we are kind of coming down to the wire. But sometimes that's the way it goes. The books that are here are already being loved, and the people in the community are so excited that they are going to have their very own room filled up with books for them to read. It's an opportunity that none of them have ever had, so thanks to all of you for helping to make it happen! I will post some photos sooner or later.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page