Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In which Tim loses his mind...

It is still raining around here. A week ago (when last I wrote) I reported that there were more storms bearing down on us. I was at home when Hannah passed by and gave us three straight days of rain. Then the sun came out, but there were rumors that someone named Ike was following close behind, so I went to investigate my river. It was passable on foot, but muddy and deeper than usual. No vehicles were making it across. So I called up HQ and told them that I could get out, but if it rained for another day or two I would not be able to. So on Friday morning I shouldered my bag, and hiked down the mountain to my fellow volunteers apartment in the town. I expected to be there for maybe two days, then hike back up. So I thought.

Today is Wednesday, and I had expected to go back up today. Another call came in from Peace Corps telling me not to cross any rivers, so I am still here. Stuck. Bored. Watching television. I feel like my brain is turning to mush. There is nothing to do besides read, watch tv, cook, clean, watch a movie, listen to music, call a friend, watch more tv. It is still kind of rainy so all the people around here are staying in their houses, and this isn't my town so I don't have any friends besides the guy whose apartment this is, but he is in the capital due to illness.

There was another volunteer stuck here with me, but she got permission to go home yesterday. So here I sit, alone. I have nothing interesting to write because nothing interesting has happened. I feel useless. Forgive the tediousness of this blog entry

Hopefully I will be able to go home soon.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page