Friday, September 26, 2008

In which Tim tells you what he's been reading...

Here are the books I have finished since last I gave you a list...

"Lake Wobegon Days" by Garrison Keillor
I loved it. It is like a 300 page long version of the radio skit. Although I was a little confused to learn that the same characters I have been following in recent years appear to have been the exact same age when he wrote the book in 1983...

"All Creatures, Great and Small" by James Herriott
The tales (from life) of a young vet in rural Yorkshire in the 1930's. It is interesting to spot the parallels between my rural existence and his.

"Theodore Rex" by Edmund Morris
A biography of Teddy Roosevelt, covering his years in the White House. I recommend it for anyone who is into Presidential history.

2 comments:

AMB said...

have you honestly read all of those books so far?! i am supremely jealous, although i have found that not living in america means lots of good reading time. i just finished "pillars of the earth" and am now well on my way with "1776".

Beck said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE James Harriot! I want to BE him (minus the boy parts)...

Locations of visitors to this page