Saturday, January 17, 2009

In which Tim reports the news that you have all been waiting for...

It is true. I, Timothy S. Brown, certified city boy, am now the owner of a horse. He arrived about a week ago while I was off in the capital, and he came with saddle, bit, and bridle. I have christened him ''Capicua'' which is a term related to dominoes, and carries the conotation of good luck. He is a medium sized animal, and white in color. His color makes everyone say that he is the perfect horse for ME to have (ha, ha, ha. white horse for the white guy...I wish I were clever enough to have thought of it first...).

I was told by my project partners who arranged the purchase that he is a very good horse. They said that he was strong, beautiful, and calm. I guess two out of three being true ain't too bad. He is both strong, and attractive. He sure likes to run, though. Every time I have saddled him up so far he has quite literally chomped at the bit wanting to take off down the road. This wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that I have ridden a horse maybe half a dozen times before this, so I am not yet comfortable doing reenactments of the Kentucky Derby in my Dominican countryside. Enough said. We will have to get used to each other a little bit.

One of my neigbors has taken me under his wing, though, and promised to ''enfriar'' (translation...''make cold'') the horse for me. After a week or two he should be ready to match his speed to my comfort.

I will get some pictures up as soon as I am able.

4 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I like the thought of you swooooping in on a white horse. Very good, friend.

jo. said...

i don't know why, but the thought of you having a horse makes me feel a lot of joy.

AMB said...

i heard from mom and dad that he's already run away. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
but yay for you!

love you!

Jason said...

This is altogether too funny. Take care of yourself; take care of the horse!

Locations of visitors to this page