Sunday, July 26, 2009

in which Tim rambles incoherently...

Life is slow right now. I realize that my blog hasn't been up to it's usual high standard of frequent updates, but quite honestly, there hasn't been much to report. I have been doing a lot of waiting for some potentially big projects to be ready to go. But they are not ready yet, so we continue waiting.

I've been doing a lot of reading. My last entry should inform you as to what my literary diet has consisted of. There have also been a lot of kids books folded in there, as one of my main project activitities seems to have become reading out loud.

The rainy season is upon us, which means the river is once again high, and every storm means I might be stuck in my community for a few days. I crossed the other day for the first time since it has become muddy this year. Muddy = more dangerous because one cannot see how deep the water is where one is about to step. It is always an excercise in faith. I suppose life would be easier if I had faith that were strong enough to allow me to walk on water, but I am not there yet.

I have also been catching up on listening to podcasts. While I was in the State's i downloaded the last several months worth of many of my favorite NPR radio shows. Afternoons in the country side are much less boring when I have my friends from "wait, wait don't tell me," "Car Talk," "This American Life," and a few others. It is almost like I have an NPR station out in the Dominican jungle. Alas, I do not. Maybe that could be a project idea. Do you think public radio would give me a grant to start an NPR franchise down here? I guess they wouldn't get much listenership.

Anyway, before I next leave my countryside, I will think of something witty and amusing to write about. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page