Friday, July 3, 2009

Regarding small ironies...

I have found that in living outside of America, I have gained a little bit of outside perspective that causes me to notice things I might not have before. Some things appear funnier, sadder, or more confusing than they would have before. I saw something in the airport the other day that was a little funny, and a little sad.

I was waiting on a lay over in Washington DC, and wandering around the terminal a little bit. I couldn't believe how much food was available there! Burgers, burritos, pizza, sandwiches, icecream and all sorts of other greasy calorie filled products were available for my consumption.

Then I walked around around a corner, and noticed something on the wall next to the fire extinguisher. It was a small door, with a sign on it that read "Defibrilator." Apparently they have defibrilators available in American airports now! This is comforting, because when I have a heart attack from all the terrible food I just ate, I won't have to go very far to find help. This thing was literally on the wall RIGHT NEXT TO the burger stand. I thought it was funny.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh hi. This has nothing to do with this blog post, but I just thought I'd mention that it took me one full year of reading this blog to figure out your title. Previously, I separated it in my mind as "adventure softs b." I was always quite confused by that, since it didn't make any sense and you tend towards sensibility. But NO WORRIES, my degree has not gone to waste. I figured it out. Also, hello. Also, sorry that this is long.
-Emily the Wolverine

Locations of visitors to this page